Columbus Crew forward Kei Kamara has been named to the Major League Soccer best XI for 2015, alongside teammate Ethan Finlay.
An incredible achievement for the former Sierra Leone striker who after nine years in MLS for the first time the 6ft 3 inches striker in Best XI selection.
He registered six braces this regular season – the second most ever scored by a single Columbus Crew player in one campaign.
Kamara, 31, who is leading the line for the Black and Gold against New York Red Bulls in the Audi playoffs, has been remarkable all season.
Kamara scoring three more goals for Columbus in the Audi MLS Cup playoffs ahead of their return fixture in New Jersey Sunday night as Red Bulls trails 2-0 on aggregate.
Twenty-five goals scored in all competitions this season and is one game away from the cup finals.
The Sierra Leonean is best known as the league’s top aerial poacher, scoring against all twenty-one MLS clubs this season.
The former Norwich and Boro striker tied with Toronto’s Sebastian Giovinco for the league lead in goals with 22 but missed out on golden boot to Giovinco because of a lower number of assists.
2015 MLS BEST XI
- Goalkeeper – Luis Robles (New York Red Bulls)
- Defender – Laurent Ciman (Montreal Impact)
- Defender – Kendall Waston (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)
- Defender – Matt Hedges (FC Dallas)
- Midfielder – Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City)
- Midfielder – Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas)
- Midfielder – Dax McCarty (New York Red Bulls)
- Midfielder – Ethan Finlay (Columbus Crew SC)
- Forward – Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC)
- Forward – Kei Kamara (Columbus Crew SC)
- Forward Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy)