One of Sierra Leone most recognized striker and former Inter Milan hitman Mohamed Kallon has been honoured by his former club the Inter Milan ‘Nerazzurri’ following his exquisite and prospect in the Italian Serie A over the years. (Photo: Kallon together with other Inter dignitaries at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Sunday)
Kallon was quoted as saying: “I love this club and would love to be part of this club for the future.”
The 35-year-old former Sierra Leone skipper who made 44 appearances scoring 14 goals was honoured for his service and achievement at the club between 2001 -2004 and was also asked to do a presentation of an award onbehalf of the club.
Bitterweet – The Former AS Monaco striker, Mohamed Kallon watches his former club the Nerazzurri went down to a 1-nil defeat at the hands of Torino at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Sunday.
In October last year the club involved the Sierra Leone International, together with Max Paganino, both represented Inter-Milan at the final award ceremony of the ‘’Football Dream’’ project in China, just a month after the Inter Forever (Inter Milan legends) China Tour.
The “Football Dream’’ project aiming to identify four young talents that will have the chance to be a draught into the Inter Milan and Tottenham Hotspurs academies.
Kallon said at the time “There would be several trials for the players before a decision would be made to select the four winners.
“I am so proud to be part of this. Like I said the other day football means everything to me and I love this football related work. There is also going to be a reality TV show which will run until February 2015,” Kallon said.
“Alongside Portugal’s Luis Figo and Argentina legend Javier Zanetti, Kallon making his return to the colours of Inter-Milan as club legends in the; ‘Inter Forever’ series on their China 2014 tour.
Lining up with other Nerazzurri legends Kallon played against Xi’an and Wuhan respectively in China.